Jogging Stroller Options
1. Large Wheels:All of the best single or double jogging strollers have air filled tires (just like a bike tire). This makes it easier to push while running or jogging and more comfortable for your baby over many different terrains. Swivel wheels are easy to maneuver through most any crowd or street. They are great for walking, exercise or light running. Fixed wheels on the other hand are great if you want to run long distances or hilly terrain. I always like a BOB Revolution Stroller, BabyJogger Stroller or Mountain Buggy Terrain for running.
2. Infant Car Seat Compatibility: Important! If your jogging strollers have a car seat adapter you can bring your new baby out immediately. This will be some of your best baby gear to purchase. Most stroller manufacturers recommend that you wait until your infant is 6 to 8 weeks old for any kind of walking exercise, and wait 6 - 8 months for running. 6-8 months is what both BOB, Britax, Bumbleride and Baby Jogger recommend. Please always check with your pediatrician first. Be sure to check out our "Travel Systems" page to find out what seat will work with the stroller of your dreams.
3. Large Sun Hood: With the sun's harmful rays you want to make sure your little one is protected from the sun. Even on cloudy days he can get sunburned. A large sun hood is recommended. Most jogging strollers companies offer a separate sun shield to help block the UVA rays.
4. Easy Fold:Look for a jogging strollers that is easy to fold and store in your trunk. Getting your stroller open should be easy as well. The easier your stroller is to use the more you will want to use it!
5. Shocks:Running strollers with shocks are great to run behind because they offer the smoothest ride for your baby. Especially needed when you are pushing a double jogging stroller.